Labels

27 Feb 2014

QUOTE TODAY: Educating Self

“I don't believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries because most students don't have any money. When I graduated from high school, it was during the Depression and we had no money. I couldn't go to college, so I went to the library three days a week for 10 years.” - Ray Bradbury


“Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” Isaac Asimov

“No man who worships education has got the best out of education... Without a gentle contempt for education no man's education is complete.”  G .K Chesterton

“All I have learned, I learned from books.”  Abraham Lincoln 

 “I will simply express my strong belief, that that point of self-education which consists in teaching the mind to resist its desires and inclinations, until they are proved to be right, is the most important of all, not only in things of natural philosophy, but in every department of daily life.” Michael Faraday

“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. - Jim Rohn


"I spent the 1960s and 1970s seeking myself - the working-class tradition of self-education - Kenneth Robert Livingstone

"I used to be really insecure about my self education. I'm definitely always learning. But there's many ways to learn. There are many, many ways to always be a learner." Maggie Grace

“Education is not a product: mark, diploma, job, money–in that order; it is a process, a never-ending one.” – Bel Kaufman
“The secret of the man who is universally interesting is that he is universally interested.” – William Dean Howells
“Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school,” - Albert Einstein
“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” - Mark Twain


“Real education must ultimately be limited to men who insist on knowing–the rest is mere sheep-herding.”- Ezra Loomis Pound

No comments:

Post a Comment